Wednesday, 19 April 2023

Budget car Vs Mainstream Vehicle.

This last few days I've had the occasion to use a hire car as my budget car, a Dacia Duster, was involved in a car park fender bender (to use an American phrase) which is meant is going to the garage to be repaired. As courtesy car I'm presented with a fairly new Kia Sportage and naturally I'm beginning to make comparisons between the two. The rep at the hire place commented on handover that I'd find the Sportage "more refined" and yes it does feel better quality, with more equipment and toys,  for example the doors feel heavier including the tailgate, it has lane assist, Dab radio and dual zone climate control  (Duster has to make do with FM and air con) but that's about it really. It's no more comfortable or economical but then it struck me, the price. 
I did a comparison with my Duster which is a 2.5 year old 18,000k 1.6 petrol.
The Dacia Dusters were coming in at an average £13,000 whist the Kia's were averaging £20,000. This is my second Duster and at around 45% cheaper I'm likely to satay with them for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment